- Supports more than one distribution.
- Currently RHEL 6.2 (with epel), Ubuntu 11.10, Fedora 16, Ubuntu 12.10 (seems to work)
- Supports dry-run mode (to see what would happen)
- Supports varying installation personas
- A single
anvil.inifile that shows common configuration
- Supports install/uninstall/starting/stopping of OpenStack components.
- Written in python so it matches the style of other OpenStack components.
- Extensively documented distribution specifics
- Packages and pip (with versions known to work!) dependencies
- Any needed distribution specific actions (ie service names…)
- Follows standard software development practices (for everyones sanity).
- Functions, classes, objects and more (oh my!)
- Still readable by someone with limited python knowledge.
- The ability to be unit-tested!
- Extensive logging