- To aid developers getting involved with OpenStack!
- To quickly build developer OpenStack environments in a clean environment (as well as start, stop, and uninstall those environments) with as little baggage as possible.
- To describe working configurations of OpenStack.
- Which code branches work together?
- What do config files look like for those branches?
- What packages are needed for installation for a given distribution?
- To make it easier for developers to dive into OpenStack so that they can productively contribute without having to understand every part of the system at once.
- To make it easy to prototype cross-project features.
- To have an installer that works!